The Great Himalayas Mountain ranges is the world’s highest mountain range and home to planet’s highest Mountain peaks. The highest Himalaya Mountain Peaks in India are Kanchenjunga,Nanda Devi and Kamet.
- The highest mountain Kangchenjunga is located at the border of India and Nepal in the great Himalayas range, Sikkim. Kangchenjunga section contains five peaks and the region has twelve more peaks over 7,000 m (23,000 ft).
- Ranked 3rd in world
Himalayas Ranges, Sikkim
- Height- 8,586 m (28,169 ft)
2. Nanda Devi
- Nanda Devi is the highest summit in the two massif another one is called as Nanda Devi East, located at the eastern part. Nanda Devi is one of the highest mountain in the world and ranked second in India.
- Ranked 23rd in world
Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand
- Height – 7816 m(25643 ft)
- Kamet is second highest mountain summit of Garhwal Himalayas and third highest mountain peak of India with an elevation of 7,756 m (25,446 ft). Kamet mountain peak is surrounded by three major neighboring peaks and lies very close the Tibet.
- Ranked 29th in world
Zaskar Range, Uttarakhand
- Height – 7,756 m (25,446 ft)
4. Saltoro Kangri
- The Saltoro Kangri is 31st highest independent mountain peak in world with an elevation of 7,742 m (25,400 ft) in Kashmir.
- Ranked 31st in world
Karakoram,Greater Himalaya, Jammu and Kashmir
- Height – 7,742 m (25,400 ft)
5. Saser Kangri
- The Saser Kangri are group of five majestic mountain peaks situated in the the Saser Muztagh range in Jammu and Kashmir. Saser Muztagh is one of the sub-range of the great Karakoram range lies at the southeast part of he Karakoram range. Saser Kangri I is the highest mountain peak among the all five brothers with an elevation of 7,672 m (25,171 ft).
- Ranked 35th in world
Saser Muztagh, Karakoram greater Himalaya, Jammu and Kashmir
- Height– 7,672 m (25,171 ft)
6. Mamostong Kangri
- Mamostong Kangri is located at a majestic altitude of 7,516 m (24,659 ft) in the remote area of the Siachen Glacier. Mamostong Kangri is ranked 48th independent highest peak in the world.
- Ranked 48th in world
Rimo Muztagh, Karakoram, Jammu and Kashmir
- Height – 7,516 m (24,659 ft)
- The striped mountains are lies northeast part of the great Siachen Glacier with an elevation of 7,385 m (24,229 ft). Rimo mountain are consists of four peaks, the Rimo I is the highest peak among them with 7,385 m (24,229 ft).
- Ranked 71st in world
Siachen Area, Jammu and Kashmir
- Height– 7,385 m (24,229 ft).
- The 7,151 m (23,461 ft) highest Hardeol peak is situated in the Milam valley of Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand. Hardeol peak lies very next to another Himalayan mountain peak called Tirsuli with an height of 7,074 m (23,209 ft).
- Kumaon Region, Uttarakhand
- Height – 7,151 m (23,461 ft)
- The Chaukhamba summit is the highest peak in the group of the Gangotri situated in the Garhwal Himalaya region of Uttarakhand. The Gangotri Group has total four peaks and Chaukhamba I is the highest among them with an elevation of 7,138 m (23,419 ft). Chaukhamba got its name due to the four big peaks along with each other.
- Garhwal Himalaya , Uttarakhand
- Height– 7,138 m (23,419 ft)
- The highest peak of the group is Trisul I at an elevation of 7,120 m (23,359 ft). The three got its name after Trishul weapon of Lord Shiva, Trisul mountain peaks are near to the Nanda Devi sanctuary.
- Kumaon Region, Uttarakhand.
- Height -7,120 m (23,359 ft)