Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan is a central government program or campaign launched by prime minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji in the year 2016 to improve the growth and stand of living in the Panchayati raj institutions.
It is launched on 14th April 2016 to commemorate the social reformer Dr. B R Ambedkar who strived for the Depressed class and their equal rights along with the development of Panchayati Raj. It is also known as the Village Self-Governance campaign. India is a nation that is mostly incorporated with the rural population or villages. About 70% of the nation’s population lives in the villages.
Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan
- It is an 11-day campaign starting on 14th April 2016 on the event of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s 125th birth anniversary and closing on 24th April 2016 on Panchayati Raj day.
- In this period between 14th April to 24th April 2016, this program or campaign will organize village self-governance by collaborating Panchayati Raj institution ( Central Government) and the state governments to take mutual decisions and works to bring out fruitful efforts for the growth of the villages.
- This program focuses on strengthening the unity and harmony between the state government and Central Government for working combinedly to improve village growth.
- This campaign on the occasion of the 125th birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was announced in a public meeting conducted in Mhow Village and named SOCIAL HARMONY PROGRAM.
- This program or campaign is launched to memorize the ideology of Ambedkar to remove injustice in society and thus provide equality, dignity, and high social priority to the villages.
The Necessity for the Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan Campaign
- India is known as a village-run nation as nearly 70% of the population lives in villages.
- So there comes a higher necessity for the government to implement schemes for promoting growth and social status for the villages.
- The constitution of India provides the provision for the development of the villages a Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Gandhiji once stated that villages are the backbone of the nation if the villages perish then the nation will also Perish.
Objectives of the Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan Scheme
- To build Social Harmony among the villages and to enlighten the people.
- To improve Panchayati Raj Institutions by providing Sanitation, drinking water & electricity by Optimum utilization of funds available with Panchayati Raj Institutions
- To promote Rural development.
- To improve the condition of the lower/weaker sections in society.
- Development of agriculture & progress of farmers by the formation of Village assemblies and awareness of agriculture schemes.
- To empower Women’s Role in the village and Rural development.
Features of Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan
- This scheme will be coordinated at various levels in association with the central, state, and Panchayati Raj.
- .Gram Sabhas will be conducted from 14-16 April under this Social Harmony program led by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj and the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Village Farmer Assemblies will also be conducted under Gram sabha to encourage Horticulture.
Benefits of Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan
- It improves the productivity of agriculture and methods of cultivation.
- Panchayati Raj institutions will be established such that villages will be developed.
- The standard of living will be increased in the rural areas and will be completed with the urban population.
- Proper guidance will be given to the Youth who are mostly populated in the villages to climb up the Socioeconomic ladders.
Implementation of Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyaan
- The campaign will be run combinedly by the Union Ministries of Rural Development, Social Justice, Agriculture, Labor and Information, and Broadcasting alongside the States Governments.
- Panchayat level programs: From 14th April to 16th April 2016, a ‘Social Harmony Program’ will be conducted in all Gram Panchayats. Through this program information regarding the various schemes of the government will be provided to promote social justice.
- Gram Kisan Sabha: From 17th April to 20th April 2016 ‘Village Farmer Assemblies’ will be conducted in respective Gram Panchayats to promote agriculture and farming. Information with respect to plans in regard to horticulture will be given to ranchers and their ideas for achieving enhancements in farming will be requested.
- Gram Sabha meetings: They will be held from 21st to 24th April 2016 across the country. These days, Prabhat Pheris also called as morning walk, is a cultural program as well as a sports program that will be organized in the village.