International Animation Day 2022
- International Animation Day is celebrated on 28 October every year.
- It was in this year when the International Animated Film Association (ASIFA) declared International Animation Day (IAD) as a worldwide occasion to commend the speciality of animation.
- This day is celebrated in more than 50 distinct nations throughout the world. IAD was started by ASIFA, an individual from UNESCO.
Delhi’s IGI airport is now the world’s 10th busiest airport
- Official Airline Guide (OAG) report, the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is the 10th busiest airport in the world in terms of seat capacity and frequency of domestic and international flights as of October 2022.
- According to OAG, there were 34,13,855 seats at the Delhi airport, popularly known as the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA).
- The busiest airport in the world as of October 2022 is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport having serviced 47,47,367 seats.
- Dubai International is second with 41,27,704 seats, followed by Tokyo International Airport with 38,77,164 seats and Dallas Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport with 37,53,858 seats.
- In fifth place is the Denver airport with 37,09,394 seats, followed by London Heathrow Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport at the 7th spot and Los Angeles International Airport at the 9th position, the OAG report said.
President presents Silver Trumpet and Trumpet Banner to the President’s Bodyguard
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu, presented the Silver Trumpet and Trumpet Banner to the President’s Bodyguard (PBG) at a ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, Delhi.
- The President appreciated PBG for their excellent military traditions, professionalism and discipline in all their tasks. She said that the nation is proud of them.
- She expressed confidence that they will strive with dedication, discipline and valour, to maintain the highest traditions of Rashtrapati Bhavan and be an ideal role model for other Regiments of the Indian Army.
Shaurya Diwas celebrated in Srinagar
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh celebrated Shaurya Diwas at Old Air Field, Srinagar.
- The Shaurya Diwas marks the 75th year of induction of the Indian Army to save the state of Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan’s invasion in 1947.
- The Shaurya Diwas is celebrated as a part of celebrations for Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and the 75th year of Air landed operations of the Indian Army at Budgam Airport.
- The Shaurya Diwas celebration event was felicitated by J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, Amry Chief General Manoj Pande, Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi, GOC-in-C, Northern Command, Air Marshal S Prabhakaran.
- Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, Lieutenant General ADS Aujla, General Officer Commanding, 15-Corps along with several other civil and military dignitaries were part of the event.
- The replication of the historic event was organized at Old Air Field.
- The event aims to pay obeisance to the brave soldiers and people of Jammu and Kashmir who laid down their lives.
- The event also honored the Next to Kin of war heroes, who participated in the 1947-1948 Indo-Pak war.
Two more Indian Beaches enter the coveted list
- Two more Indian beaches have made it to the list of Blue Beaches.
- Minicoy, Thundi Beach and Kadmat Beach, in Lakshadweep are the proud entrants in the coveted list of Blue Beaches, an eco-label given to the cleanest beaches in the world. Now the tally of total blue flag-endorsed beaches in India stands at 12.
- Both beaches have designated staff for beach cleanliness, maintenance, safety and security of swimmers.
- Further, they comply with all the 33 criteria mandated by the Foundation for Environment Education (FEE).
United States Appoints Elizabeth Jones To Serve As Chargé d’Affaires
The Biden administration has now named a senior US diplomat, who had worked on NATO’s role in Europe vis-a-vis Russia as the US Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasia, as the next Charge d’Affaires ad interim in New Delhi — until a full-time Ambassador is sent to India.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches Safal common credit portal for farmers
- Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has launched a common credit portal SAFAL’ (Simplified Application for Agricultural Loans) for the welfare of farmers.
- SAFAL is an abridged application for agricultural loans that will enable farmers and agri-entrepreneurs to access over 300 term loan products from more than 40 partner banks.
- The application is a one-stop solution for farmers and agri-entrepreneurs to avail formal sector credit from public and private sector banks, Regional Rural Banks, State Cooperative Banks, and Small Finance Banks.
- The portal will ease the loan application process benefiting both the farmers and banks significantly, the chief minister said. It will also reduce information asymmetry by sending farmers real-time notifications at every stage of their loan application.
BSE Launched Electronic Gold Receipts
BSE, or the Bombay Stock Exchange, launched Electronic Gold Receipt (EGR) on its platform on 24 October 2022. It introduced two new products of 995 and 999 purity during the Muhurat trading on Diwali.
Indian Bank rolls out a bouquet of Digital products as part of “Project WAVE”
- PSU lender Indian Bank has launched several digital initiatives under “Project WAVE” in a bid to enhance the customer experience through integrated services on its digital platform.
- Six digital initiatives were launched by the SL Jain, MD and CEO, Indian Bank, along with Sharad Mathur, MD & CEO, of Universal Sompo General Insurance Co.
Dehradun to host 3-day “Akash for Life” Space Conference
- The “Akash for Life” a 3-day space conference will showcase the blending of traditional and modern knowledge through an extended integration of all schools of thought.
- The decision was taken by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, and Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- The event is scheduled to be held at Dehradun from 5th November to 7th November 2022.
- Narendra Modi has called for the integration of science and technological development within society in a way that places science in a position to address the needs of the common citizen.
NIA to establish offices in every state by 2024: Amit Shah
- Amit Shah, the Union Minister of Housing and Cooperation, spoke today at the start of a two-day “Chintan Shivir” in Surajkund, Haryana.
- The Chintan Shivir is being attended by Chief Ministers of the States, Home Ministers of States, Lieutenant Governors, and Administrators of Union Territories.
- Utilizing all internal security resources to their fullest potential is necessary in order to combat the issues facing the country.
UNSC’s Counter-Terror Meet in India to Focus on Key Issues
The United Nations Security Council’s (UNSC) two-day meeting in India on counter-terrorism will focus on dealing with the use of the internet, new payment mechanisms and drones by terrorists.
The meetings will be hosted in Mumbai and Delhi on 28 and 29 October, respectively.