National Voters Day
Every year on 25 January National Voter’s Day or Rashtriya Matdata Diwas is celebrated to encourage young voters to take part in the political process. In 2011 the first time this day was celebrated to mark Election Commission’s Foundation Day.
25 January- National Tourism Day
Every year on 25 January National Tourism Day is celebrated in India to raise awareness and educate people about the importance of tourism and the role it plays in the Indian economy.
Exercise AMPHEX 2023
- The largest biennial Tri-Services amphibious exercise – AMPHEX 2023 – involving the Indian Army, Indian Air Force (IAF), and the Indian Navy, was conducted near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh from January 17 to January 22, 2023.
- AMPHEX 2023 included complex activities in all domains that demonstrated a high level of preparedness and coordination among the three services to undertake the full spectrum of amphibious operations.
‘Amazon Air’ aircraft was introduced in India’s air cargo sector
- Amazon, one of the leading e-commerce companies in India’s air cargo industry Launched this service in the name of ‘Amazon Air’ on 23rd January 2023,
- US-headquartered multinational Amazon has launched air cargo service in India for the first time after USA and Europe.
‘U-WIN’ website was launched to digitize the Universal Immunization program in India
- Co-WIN website has been created to manage corona vaccination activities in India; following this the central government has created a new website ‘U-Win’ for routine vaccination activities for newborns and pregnant women.
- Through this all tasks like a digital recording of vaccinations for pregnant women and newborn children, and subsequent vaccination reminders will be carried out. A certificate will be issued to the beneficiaries after all vaccinations have been administered.
Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise TROPEZ-23
- Indian Navy’s Largest War Game called THEATRE LEVEL OPERATIONAL READINESS EXERCISE (TROPEZ -23) is now underway in the Indian Ocean Region; TROPEZ 23 is being conducted over the duration of three months from Jan – Mar 2023.
- This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation not only by all Indian Navy units but also of Indian Army, Indian Air force and Coast Guard assets.
4-Year-Old Boy Becomes UK’s Youngest Mensa Member
- Teddy Hobbs, a four-year-old boy from Portishead, Somerset, who can read and count in seven languages, has become Britain’s youngest Mensa member.
- Teddy taught himself to read while watching television and playing on his tablet at the age of two without his parents even noticing, now he can also count to 100 in other non-native languages, including Welsh, French, Spanish and German.
Largest and longest book fair to be held in Bangladesh
- The largest and longest book fair in Bangladesh ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on February 1, 2023.
- The historic ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ will be organized on the grounds of the Bangla Academy and Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital city of Dhaka.
First Ever India Stack Developer Conference to be held in New Delhi
- The first India Stack Developer Conference that will dwell on ways and means to ensure wider adoption of India’s digital goods all over the world will be held at New Delhi on 25th January 2023.
- It will be attended by over 100 digital leaders from the Industry, Government, start-ups and unicorns and academia. India Stack is a multi-layer cluster of digital solutions – Aadhaar, UPI, Digi Locker, Co-Win, GeM, GSTN that have played a significant role in the digital transformation in India.
E-Mobility Week is observed in Hyderabad
- The city of Hyderabad will witness the launch of many e-vehicles by top automobile companies during the Hyderabad E-Mobility Week which the Telangana government is hosting from February 5 to 11, 2023.
- The week will also showcase the global EV ecosystem and provide a platform for the world to witness the strengths & capabilities of the global electric vehicle industry, along with significant international participation.
IIM Ahmedabad Director was appointed
- Professor Bharat Bhasker has been appointed as the director of the Indian Institute of Ahmedabad (IIMA). In the interim, the Board of Governors has appointed Prof Arindam Banerjee as the director-in-charge from February 1 to 28, 2023.
- Professor Bhasker, who currently holds the position of Professor of Information Technology and Systems at IIM Lucknow, will take charge as IIMA director on March 1, 2023.
Vijayanagara Empire Inscription was discovered in Udupi – Karnataka
- An inscription of the Vijayanagara Empire period has been found in the land behind the Saneeswaran temple in Mudanidampur village near Pannanje, Udupi district, Karnataka.
- The inscription was 4 feet high and one and a half feet wide. On the right side was the moon, on the left side was the sun, and in the middle was the Shiva lingam. And at the bottom was a figure carrying a sword and a shield and it belongs to Vijayanagara period.
Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) award 2023
- Happiest Minds Technologies received the prestigious Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) award for ‘Excellence in Financial Reporting for 2021-22′ in the Category VIII (A) –Service Sector (other than financial services sector) for FY 21-22.
- Power Finance Corporation Limited (PFC), a Maharatna CPSE and the country’s leading NBFC in the power sector, has been conferred with the prestigious Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) Gold Shield being a winner in the category ‘Public Sector Entities’ of ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 2021-22.