World Rhino Day 2022
World Rhino Day is observed on 22nd September to spread awareness about the different Rhinoceros species and their dangers. This day also celebrates all five rhino species namely the Sumatran, Black, Greater One-horned, Javan, and White rhino species.
the theme “Five Rhino Species Forever”. The goals of this day are to promote the noble cause of raising awareness about the need to save rhinos from danger to their lives. The rhinos are constantly under severe threat.
Wrld Rose Day 2022
World Rose Day for the welfare of cancer patients worldwide is celebrated annually on the 22nd of September. This day aims to encourage and support those people who are fighting their battle against cancer. The day aims to bring happiness and hope into the lives of such patients and reminds them that they can emerge victorious in their battle against cancer through determination and positivity.
PM CARES Fund: Govt appoints Industrialist Ratan Tata as Trustee
Veteran industrialist Ratan Tata, former Supreme Court judge KT Thomas, and former deputy Lok Sabha speaker Kariya Munda have been nominated as trustees of the PM CARES Fund. Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the PM CARES Fund, which was attended by Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
RBI Governor Launches 3 key Digital Payment Initiatives at Global Fintech Fest 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor, Shaktikanta Das, launched three key digital payment initiatives at the Global Fintech Fest 2022. The three digital payment initiatives that were launched by the RBI are RuPay Credit Card on Unified Payments Interface (UPI), UPI Lite, and Bharat BillPay Cross-Border Bill Payments.
Currently, India has been using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for low-value payments with 50 per cent of transactions through UPI below ₹200.
Czech Republic’s Linda Fruhvirtova won Chennai Open 2022 title
Czech Republic’s 17-year-old, Linda Fruhvirtova scripted a brilliant comeback to win the Chennai Open 2022 WTA 250 tennis singles. The teenager beat Magda Linette of Poland, the third seed, in the final. At 17 years and 141 days old, she is the youngest titlist of the season on the WTA Tour so far. She is the youngest singles champion on tour since Coco Gauff won Parma last year at 17 years, 70 days old.
Cabinet Approves An Additional PLI Plan For Solar Cells
The Union cabinet approved the second tranche of the Performance Linked incentive (PLI) scheme on the ‘National programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV Modules’ for achieving manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt (GW) scale to boost the manufacturing of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules in India, Union minister Anurag Thakur announced in a press briefing.
India’s first MotoGP to be held in Noida’s Buddh circuit in 2023
India is set to host its maiden MotoGP World Championships race at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida in 2023. MotoGP commercial rights owner Dorna and Noida-based race promoters Fairstreet Sports signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to host the premier two-wheel racing event in India for the next seven years.
- Grand Prix of Bharat will witness top manufacturers like Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, KTM, and Aprilia participate in the race. The event will have Noida-based race promoters Fairstreet Sports (FSS) and they will work closely with the organizers to ensure the success of the tournament.
- MotoGP also has plans to also introduce MotoE into the Indian racing scenario, which will not only be a first in Asia but a significant green initiative with net zero carbon emission.
- The Buddh International Circuit was once home to the Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix, held for three consecutive years from 2011 till 2013 before it was discontinued due to financial, tax and bureaucratic hurdles.
ISRO tests hybrid motors successfully plans to develop new rocket propulsion technology
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) successfully tested a hybrid motor. This may lead to the development of a new propulsion system for the next launch vehicles. The Bengaluru-based space agency claimed that the 30 kN hybrid motor tested at the ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu is stackable and scalable.
- The ISRO Liquid Propulsion Systems Center (LPSC) provided support for the test.
- Liquid oxygen (LOX) served as the oxidizer and hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) served as the fuel for the motor.
- A hybrid motor employs solid fuel and a liquid oxidizer, as opposed to solid-solid or liquid-liquid combinations.
- It was explained that using liquids makes throttling easier and that managing the flow rate of LOX makes it possible to restart.
- HTPB and LOX are environmentally friendly, but LOX is safer to handle, according to ISRO.
- According to the statement from ISRO, “The test of a hybrid motor with a 30 kN flight equivalent showed ignition and sustained combustion for the planned 15 seconds. The motor function was adequate.”
Delhi Lt General V K Saxena launched the ‘We Care’ community policing initiative
Lt General V K Saxena inaugurated ‘We Care’ a community policing initiative here aimed at spreading awareness about various schemes of the Delhi Police among people. This initiative is inaugurated at an event organised at Kartvaya Path at India Gate on the occasion of ‘Sewa Divas, which is being celebrated to mark the 72nd birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Nagaland Prison Department introduced mobile attendance application
Nagaland Prison Department goes digital by introducing the mobile attendance application for Prison staff. Advisor for Prisons, Printing & Stationery, H. Haiying launched the Prison staff Attendance App at the District Jail Kohima. The mobile app was initiated by the State Prison Department in collaboration with Excellogics Technology Solution Private Limited.
Dharmendra Pradhan introduces the SCALE app to advance leather industry skills
The SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees) app was unveiled on September 20th by Minister of Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan at the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) in Chennai. This app provides a one-stop solution for the education, testing, and employment requirements of the leather sector.
- The Union Minister claimed during his speech at the event that the leather industry, which already employs over 44 lakh people, is crucial to the development of widespread employment in the country.
- He commended the CSIR-CLRI for its critical role in the expansion of this sector and for achieving the perfect balance between academics and skill development.
Project “Saaras” for menstruation health launched by the Israeli embassy in Ghaziabad
The women of Arthala village in Ghaziabad are fond of 27-year-old Uzma Kazmi; it was she who gave them better coping mechanisms for those “uncomfortable days” of the month by bringing affordable and environmentally friendly sanitary napkins, “Saraas,” within their grasp.
- About 20 kilometres from the national capital of Delhi, the densely populated Arthala hamlet, with its little roads and winding byways crisscrossing its length and breadth, is home to an estimated 200,000 inhabitants, the majority of whom are from lower socioeconomic classes.
- With assistance from MASHAV, Israel’s organisation for foreign development cooperation, this industrial facility was constructed.
- The facility can already produce 10,000 sanitary pads every day and currently has a workforce of 15 women, most of whom are from Arthala.
- The cost of each pack of 10 is £20, which is significantly less expensive than the equivalent product’s lowest price on the market.