International Stuttering Awareness Day
- International Stammering Awareness Day is celebrated on October 22.
- The day creates awareness about the speech disorder known as stuttering or stammering.
- Stuttering refers to disruptions in the fluency of speech.
- Its symptoms include involuntary repetition of words and temporary inability or difficulty to utter sounds or words, among others.
Hyderabadi Haleem bags ‘Most Popular GI’ award
- Telangana’s Hyderabadi Haleem has won the ‘Most Popular GI’ award after beating other food items including Rasgulla, Bikaneri Bhujiya, and Ratlami Sev.
- In a rigid competition with more than 15 food items across the country with Geographical Indication (GI) status, the famous Hyderabadi Haleem has bagged the ‘Most Popular GI’ award.
Uttar Pradesh bags top honours at PMAY-U Awards
- Under the BJP-led Centre’s flagship, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) housing scheme have been delivered and the rest are under various stages of completion, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.
- PMAY-U Awards 2021 is scheduled annually to recognise the contribution of States, Union Territories and urban local bodies with regard to the implementation of the scheme in Rajkot.
DX 2022 Awards: Karnataka Bank bags digital transformation awards of CII
Karnataka Bank has bagged the National Digital Transformation Awards, “DX 2022 Awards” instituted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for best practices in digital transformation under the BFSI segment.
5th Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Madhya Pradesh
- The 5th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Madhya Pradesh from 31st January to 11th February 2023.
- The event was felicitated by Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur, and Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Indigenous games will be a part of the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games.
- Madhya Pradesh has made the sport of Mallakhamb their state sport for supporting the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to support Olympics sports and indigenous sports in the same manner.
Nuclear capable Agni Prime missile successfully tested by India
- The Agni Prime New Generation Ballistic Missile was successfully tested by India on October 21 off the coast of Odisha.
- Around 9.45 this morning, a test launch of the ballistic missile took place.
- The missile successfully completed the test, covering its full range, and all of its test goals were achieved.
Indian, US Militaries Conduct ‘Tiger Triumph’ Exercise
- The first exercise took place over the course of nine days in November 2019 and featured more than 500 US Marines and sailors.
- The first exercise included 1200 Indian sailors, soldiers, and Airmen.
- This year, the military exercise involved fifty combined participants, and it focused on staff planning, with an emphasis on processes for streamlining diplomatic, operational, and logistical coordination.
- Tiger Triumph marked the third time in 2022 that Indian and US militaries have worked together in Vishakhapatnam.
- The US joined India and more than thirty other nations for India’s bi-annual exercise Milan in February.
- In August, the USS Frank Cable visited Visakhapatnam, during which US sailors joined Indian counterparts for briefing.
Chandrayaan-3 set for launch in August 2023
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans to launch its third lunar mission in the month of June 2023.
- The more capable lunar rover that will be carried by Chandrayaan-3, which is essential for future interplanetary explorations, according to S. Somnath, Chairman of the Indian Space Agency, ISRO.
- The mission was previously scheduled to launch in the third quarter of 2022, but it has now been further postponed.
- The coronavirus epidemic and the upcoming lockdown earlier hampered the progress on Chandrayaan-2’s replacement.
- It is important to note that the Chandrayaan-2 mission lost control and fell to the Moon’s dark side.
- However, the orbiter is still operational and making crucial observations of both the solar system and the lunar surface.
- Chandrayaan-3 is crucial for Isro since it will show off India’s capacity to do landings for future extraterrestrial expeditions.
Delhi govt kicks off campaign ‘Diye jalao, patake nahin’ for green Diwali
- Delhi government has launched the ‘Diye Jalao, Patake Nahin’ (light up lamps, not firecrackers) campaign at Central Park in New Delhi.
- The Delhi government on Friday lit 51,000 diyas at Central Park in Connaught Place here to mark the launch of its campaign for a pollution-free Diwali.
- The campaign aims at promoting a quieter and pollution-free Diwali.
Quality Council of India appoints Jaxay Shah as new chairman
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Jaxay Shah, founder chairman of Savvy Group and former chairman of CREDAI as the chairman of the Quality Council of India (QCI) for three years, effective 21 October, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- He will succeed former McKinsey India chief Adil Zainulbhai, who served as the chairman of QCI through three terms for eight years from 2014 to 2022.
Mission LIFE movement launched by PM Modi at Kevadiya
- Mission LIFE movement is launched by PM Modi in order to protect the environment.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi issued a stern warning.
- After the global launch of Mission LiFE at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat in the presence of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, the PM addressed the crowd and asserted that lifestyle changes can help to mitigate climate change.
- The PM noted, reiterating India’s commitment to combating the threat of climate change, that a circular economy and reduce, reuse, and recycle principles have been ingrained in Indian culture for thousands of years.
- India is the best example of economic progress and environmental protection.
- The PM referred to Mahatma Gandhi’s idea of trusteeship and said that Mission LiFE invites us to be environmental trustees.
- Modi emphasised that dealing with climate change is not merely a matter of government policy.
- The need for individuals to work together to address climate change.
- According to the PM, living on a mission enhances the idea of pro-planet people.
- PM Modi praised Gujarat’s initiatives in the fields of environmental preservation and renewable energy.
Pakistan Removed from FATF Grey List on Terror Financing
- Pakistan has been removed from the grey list of the Financial Action Task Force(FATF), the Paris-based global watchdog on money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Pakistan was placed in the grey list in 2018 for failing to keep a check on money laundering and terrorist financing.