International Day of Acceptance
International Day of Acceptance is observed every year on January 20 and it is the day to fill our hearts with the sublime powers of acceptance. It is important to be accepting of certain things in life. This idea unquestionably holds in the case of accepting the disability of the person. This is a day when people all over the world come together to support and embrace the challenges that come along with having a disability.
India announced 100 million Maldivian Rufiyaa for development projects
- During the visit to Maldives, EAM S Jaishankar has announced an additional grant of 100 Million Maldivian Rufiyaa for community development projects in Maldives.
- He also witnessed an MoU between Maldivian National University and Kochi University of Science & Technology.
- The agreement included grant assistance of 100 million rufiyaa (Maldives’ currency) for the High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP).
- He has also announced that India has handed over two sea ambulances to help the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF).
Tourism Ministry to organize 1st Global Tourism Investors Summit
- The Ministry of Tourism will organize the first Global Tourism Investors Summit from 10th to 12th April 2023 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The aim of the summit is to bring together global business leaders, and policymakers to understand and explore Tourism Business opportunities in India.
Adani Enterprises signed an agreement with Ashok Leyland to develop Asia’s first hydrogen-mining truck
- Adani Enterprises has signed an agreement with Ashok Leyland and Ballard Power (Canada) to launch a pilot project to develop a hydrogen fuel cell electric truck (FCET) for mining logistics and transportation.
- The agreement marks Asia’s first planned hydrogen-powered mining truck.
PM Modi launched several development projects in Karnataka, Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone and inaugurated several projects in the northern districts of Yadgiri, and Kalaburagi (Karnataka), and Maharashtra.
- Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurate various developmental projects related to irrigation, drinking water, and a National Highway development project at Kodeka in the Yadgiri district.
India’s 1st School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication launched
- India’s first School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication has launched in Agartala, Tripura.
- The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Sarbananda Sonowal, along with Dr. Manik Saha, Chief Minister of Tripura, jointly inaugurated the school.
- Objective – To enable the rich pool of talent in the region to become world-class experts in the transportation and logistics sector.
Hyderabad selected to host WEF Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has chosen Hyderabad to set up its Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution focused on healthcare and life sciences.
- This will be the only centre in India thematically focused on healthcare and life sciences. The announcement was made at the WEF’s annual meeting in Davos.
41st session of the Network Planning Group (NPG) held in New Delhi
- The Network Planning Group (NPG) was held its 41st session in New Delhi.
- It was chaired by Anil Agrawal, the Special Secretary of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The meeting saw deliberations on a 4 Lane Accessed Controlled Greenfield Highway as part of the Nagpur-Vijaywada corridor and new rail connectivity projects connecting Barejadi Nandej to Sanand in Gujarat, and Barbil, Barsuan and Nayagrah in Odisha
Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc announced his resignation
- Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has announced his resignation amid the ongoing anti-corruption drive.
- Earlier, two deputy prime ministers who served under President Phuc had quit.
- The anti-corruption drive has led to several ministers being fired in Vietnam.
- Phuc, a former Prime Minister, held the post of president since 2021.
- He had served as Prime Minister of Vietnam from 2016 until April 2021.
‘Naanera’ bagged the ‘Golden Kailasha’ award in the Ajanta-Ellora film festival
- “Naanera”, a Rajasthani film directed by Deepankar Prakash, bagged the ‘Golden Kailasha’ award for the best movie at the 8th edition of the Ajanta-Ellora film festival.
- “Naanera” also bagged awards for best director, best screenplay, and best editor.