International Human Solidarity Day
International Human Solidarity Day is observed on 20 December annually to highlight the importance of unity in diversity. This day also reminds people to work together in fighting poverty, hunger, and disease.
Union minister launches the e-consultancy services under the e-Sanjeevani initiative in Telangana
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya launched the e-consultancy services under the e-Sanjeevani initiative at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bibinagar in Telangana.
- And the world is looking towards India for easy and accessible medical services so the government has taken several initiatives to improve medical infrastructure and services during the past few years.
IISc Bangalore developed air-filter to deactivate germs
- According to a report by the University of Chicago, Indians lose 5-10 years of their lives because of air-borne contaminants leading to respiratory diseases, in order to avoid it A newly-developed air filter supported by special grants from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) can deactivate the germs, ‘self-cleaning’ them out of the system, using ingredients commonly found in green tea.
- They developed germ-destroying air filters that can inactivate germs using ingredients like polyphenols and polycationic polymers commonly found in green tea.
“Namma School Scheme” has been launched in Tamil Nadu
- In order to improve government schools across Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister M.K. Stalin inaugurated the Namma Palli Scheme on December 19, 2022.
- Through this scheme, the ‘Namma School Scheme’ is launched with the aim of improving the basic facilities of the schools with the aim of encouraging former students.
- who have studied in government schools and are currently holding high positions in various industry organizations, former students who are businessmen, and socially concerned organizations (NGOs) to adopt government schools through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
- And Chief Minister M. K. Stalin has also introduced an online website for this scheme.
The world’s largest agro-tourism site will be set up in Dubai
- The world’s largest agro-tourism site to be set up in the shape of an Anaconda is to be developed in the Dubai desert to create a new type of recreational site combining both agriculture and tourism.
- It is also expected that at least 10,000 jobs will be created through this desert and the project will open for public use in 2030.
63rd IHRC Session
- Daya Shankar Singh, Ministry of Transport, Government of Uttar Pradesh will inaugurate the 63rd Session of the Indian Historical Records Committee(IHRC) on 18 December 2022 which was conducted on 18-19 December 2022 at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The two days Session will comprise the Inaugural Business Session, Academic Session.
- And the exhibition entitled “Saga of Freedom: Known and Lesser-Known Struggles” is organized in the session.
Gross Direct Tax collections for the (FY) 2022-23
- Direct Tax collections for the Financial Year 2022-23, as of 17.12.2022 show that net collections are at Rs.11,35,754 crore, compared to Rs. 9,47,959 crore in the corresponding period of the preceding Financial Year i.e. FY 2021-22, representing an increase of 19.81%.
- The Net Direct Tax collection of Rs. 11,35,754 crore (as of 17.12.2022) includes Corporation Tax (CIT) at Rs. 6,06,679 crore (net of refund) and Personal Income Tax (PIT) including Securities Transaction Tax(STT) at Rs. 5,26,477 crore (net of refund).
An additional Solicitor General to Madras High Court was Appointed
- Senior Advocate R. Sankaranarayanan was appointed as Additional Solicitor General to appear and argue the cases on behalf of the Central Government in Madras High Court in the year 2020; currently, he has been appointed by Central Government as Additional General for Southern State High Courts.
- After that, Senior Advocate A.R.L.Sundaresan was appointed as Additional Solicitor General (ASG) of Madras High Court on behalf of the central government.
Glenmark Pharma gets USFDA nod for generic hypertension drug
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has received final approval from the U.S. health regulator for its generic nicardipine hydrochloride capsules used to treat high blood pressure and control angina.
- Glenmark reported that approval was granted by the US Food and Drug Administration for the 20 mg and 30 mg strengths of nicardipine hydrochloride capsules.
USFDA-United States Food and Drug Administration.
Mrs World 2022 title
- India women moved to the finals of the Mrs World competition held in Las Vegas, USA.
- Sargam Kaushal from India won the title of Mrs World 2022 in the finals of the event.
- The Mrs World competition for married women has been running since 1984.
- Originally, the event was called Mrs World’s Most Beautiful Woman and was later renamed to Mrs World in 1988. So far more than 80 countries have participated in this competition.
World Cup football 2022
- The 22nd World Cup football tournament in which 32 countries participated began in the Arab country of Qatar on November 20, 2022.
- In the final round of the tournament was held between current champion France and former champion Argentina, Argentina won the match and the trophy.
- France’s Kylian Mbappe, who scored the most goals in the World Cup, was awarded the Golden Shoe. (Scored a total of 8 goals).
- Messi won the Ballon d’Or award for best player, Messi (Scored a total of 7 goals).
- Argentina’s midfielder Enzo Fernandez won the Young Player of the Year award,
- Amy Martinez won the Golden Glove Award for Best Goalkeeper.