SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital for 2022-2023: Varanasi Nominated
Varanasi city has been nominated as the first cultural and tourism capital during 2022-2023 at the 22nd meeting of the SCO council in Samarkand. The 22nd meeting of the SCO council in Samarkand was also attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The Shanghai Cooperation Organization 2022 was the first in-person meeting of the regional group after the Covid-19 pandemic which was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Typhoon Nanmadol in Japan
Typhoon Nanmadol has recorded furious winds and rainfall in several parts of Japan. Typhoon Nanmadol is one of the biggest storms to hit Japan in years. Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has delayed his departure to New York, where he is due to deliver a speech at the UN General Assembly. The Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), has advised people to be highly vigilant and prepared for heavy rains, high waves, gales, and storm surges.
- Typhoon Nanmadol is the 14th typhoon in Japan.
- Typhoon Nanmadol made landfall near Kagoshima city and later the typhoon took over the western island of Kyushu and the main island of Honshu.
- Till now, the death of one person is recorded due to a flooded river in the typhoon Nanmadol, and 69 people were injured.
- About 3,40,000 households were without electricity during the typhoon.
- The Kyushu Railway Co halted operations in Kyushu.
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd and ANA Holdings cancelled about 800 flights.
India’s first Swachh Sujal Pradesh: Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Union Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat declared Andaman and Nicobar Islands as India’s first Swachh Sujal Pradesh. With this accomplishment, all villages on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands have received the Har Ghar Jal certification and have been verified as ODF plus open defecation free. Safe and secure drinking water supply and its management are crucial aspects of the Sujal and Swachh.
There are namely three important components of Sujal and Swachh states:
(i) safe and secure drinking water supply and management;
(ii) ODF Plus: ODF Sustainability and Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) and
(iii) cross-cutting interventions like convergence, IEC, action planning, etc
IAF’s Project Cheetah
The Israeli Heron drones would be equipped with strike capabilities as part of the Indian Air Force’s Project Cheetah under the Make in India programme. Project Cheetah aims to improve the Indian Air Force’s fleet of Israeli-made Heron unmanned aerial vehicles with stronger communication capabilities and long-range missiles that can hit enemy sites.
- The project was supposed to be finished with Israeli armament makers, as planned.
- The Israeli Air Force (IAF) is the key driving force behind the project that will also see the Israeli Navy and Army’s drones upgraded with strike capabilities and enhanced surveillance and reconnaissance pods.
- The three services have relied for years on Searcher II and Heron UAVs from the Israeli Air Force for surveillance and reconnaissance.
Indian Navy signed an MoU with Amity University for Academic Cooperation
Amity University Uttar Pradesh signed an MoU with the Indian Navy to form a long-term relationship for Academic cooperation. The MoU between Amity University and Indian Navy will enhance the educational qualifications improving the prospect for ‘in-service’ appropriate nautical assignment and better placements in superannuation from the Indian Navy.
- The MoU between Amity University and Indian Navy will conduct customized courses for the Indian Navy in niche domains.
- The various domains include 5G Technology and IoT, Control System Integration, AI, Blockchain, Machine Learning, Cryptology, Data Science, Big Data Analysis, Digital Marketing, Computer Networks, Anti Drone Warfare, Cyberwarfare, Security, Automation, Surveillance, and Tracking.
- This will also contribute to enhancing the ‘Scholar Warriors’, who can think better and adapt to the future challenges of conflict.
- These courses will ensure better placements of Naval personnel.
WhatsApp and IDFC FIRST Bank FASTag
IDFC FIRST Bank for the customers, launch its integration with “payments on WhatsApp” would enable quick and secure FASTags recharging. Due to this collaboration, users of IDFC FIRST will be able to recharge their FASTags directly from IDFC FIRST’s WhatsApp chatbot and finish the transaction from within the chat thread.
Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan: Book
At a ceremony in New Delhi, well-known actor Manoj Bajpayee published a book titled Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan in the presence of Apurva Chandra, the secretary of information and broadcasting. A variety of poetry is offered in the book. Jewish Nandan is the author of it. Mr Apurva Chandra expressed his opinions at the time and remarked that the book is focused on humour and philosophy.
New Telangana Secretariat to be named B.R. Ambedkar
Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao decided to name Telangana’s new secretariat after Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. The move came after the Telangana legislative assembly unanimously passed a resolution urging the central government to name the new Parliament building in New Delhi after the chief architect of the Constitution.
Ramakrishna Mission’s Awakening programme was Launched by Dharmendra Pradhan
Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurial Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Ramkrishna Mission ‘Awakening’ Program for students of classes I to V.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan said that NEP 2020 is inspired by the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Social transformation is one of the key goals of education, and values and wisdom are more important than material wealth.
- Ramkrishna Mission has a legacy of imparting applied education.
- NEP 2020 emphasizes on creating value-based educational programs for 9th and 12th in addition to creating programs for classes I to VIII.
- This initiative will ensure the holistic personality development of a child aligned with the philosophy of NEP 2020.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan stressed the point that our education system must be aligned with national priorities.
- CBSE will be an advisory framework for encouraging value-based education in schools from Balvatika to Class XII.
GRSE awarded ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ for 2021-22
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineering Limited (GRSE), Kolkata, has been awarded the ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. GRSE was awarded by the Government of India for the best implementation of an official language under public sector undertakings in region ‘C’ for the year 2021-22.
BSF’s first female camel riding in India- Pak border
Border Security Force’s (BSF) first female camel riding squad will be deployed along the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan & Gujarat.
The squad will participate for the first time in the BSF Raising Day Parade on 1st December. This Squad will be the first of its kind in the world.
9th Session of Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar recently inaugurated the 9th Session of Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, which is being held in New Delhi from September 19 to 24 this year.