National Michigan Day
- National Michigan Day is celebrated every year on January 18.
- Michigan is fondly called ‘The Great Lakes State’ because it is bordered by four of the five Great North American Lakes — Michigan, Huron, Erie, Ontario, and Superior.
- The state is also the only one that’s spread across lower and upper peninsulas with over 60,000 ponds and inland lakes, and the Upper Peninsula is an important tourist destination thanks to its stunning natural vistas.
B-20 inception meeting to be organized in Gandhinagar
- As part of the G-20 presidency, a Business-20 (B-20) inception meeting will be organized at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from 22- 24 January 2023.
- The meeting will be held to formulate policy recommendations to be submitted to G-20 ahead of the leaders’ Summit.
- This will be the first of 15 events that the State is set to organize as part of India’s G-20 presidency.
First G20 Health Working Group meeting to be held in Kerala
- The First Health Working Group meeting under G-20 India Presidency will be held from the 18-20 Jan 2023 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The three-day meeting will focus on thematic discussions on three main priorities, health emergencies prevention, preparedness and response, strengthening cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector, and digital health innovations to aid universal health coverage.
The ‘Think 20’ meeting under G20 began in Bhopal
- The two-day Think-20 meeting under the G-20 is started at the Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
- The first Think-20 meeting in MP has inaugurated by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
NTPC REL signs MoU with Tripura for collaboration in Renewable Energy
- NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL) has signed an MoU with the Government of Tripura for the Development of Floating and Ground Mounted based Renewable Energy Projects in the State of Tripura.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Rajiv Gupta, Chief General Manager, NTPC REL and Shri Mahananda Debbarma, Director General and CEO, Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency.
Film ‘Toolsidas Junior’ to be screened at SCO Film Festival 2023
- National Award-winning movie “Toolsidas Junior” will be screened at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival in the Children Focus Section.
- National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) in association with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival will be hosting the screening. The festival will take place from January 27 to January 31 in Mumbai.
China’s population drops for the first time since 1961
- The biggest decline in the population of China has been recorded after the year 1961
- China had 1.41 billion people at the end of last year, 850,000 fewer than the end of 2021, according to data released by the National Statistics Bureau.
WDRA signed MoU with SBI to help farmers
- Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) has signed an MoU with the State Bank of India to help farmers in getting low interest-rate loans.
- The objective of the MoU is to provide information on the benefits to the depositors besides carrying out further activities to improve agricultural finance in India.