World Kindness Day
- World Kindness Day is an international holiday that was formed in 1998, to promote kindness throughout the world and is observed annually on November 13 as part of the World Kindness Movement.
- The theme is “Be kind whenever possible“.
17th G-20 Summit
- The G20 organization was created with the aim of mutual cooperation and assistance in various important aspects including finance and fuel consumption at the international level.
- 20 countries including India, Indonesia, and the United States are members of this organization.
- Indonesia is currently chairing the 17th G-20 summit to be held from 14 to 16 November 2022, subsequently, the 17th G20 summit is being held in Bali, Indonesia.
- The seventh edition of the bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF), ‘Exercise Garuda-VII’ concluded at Air Force Station, Jodhpur on 12th Nov 2022.
- Exercise Garuda-VII provided the two Air Forces with the opportunity for professional interaction and sharing of operational knowledge and experience.
PM lays the foundation stone in Visakhapatnam
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs. 10,500 crores in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 12th November 2022.
- The Prime Minister began the projects relating to connectivity, the oil and gas sector being launched in Visakhapatnam, which will power Andhra Pradesh’s growth.
World’s tallest polling station
- The 68-seat assembly election in Himachal Pradesh was held on November 12, Also, Himachal Pradesh has the tallest polling station in the world.
- Himachal Pradesh (Dashigank) surrounded by the Himalayan range has a hilly region called ‘Dashigank’.
- It has just 52 people in this region at an altitude of 15,256 feet above sea level.
- However, a polling station has been set up by the Election Commission to facilitate people’s voting.
C.Anantharamakrishnan appointed as a director of CSIR-NIIST
- Anandharamakrishnan is appointed as director of CSIR – NIIST
- Anandharamakrishnan served as the Director of the National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM-T), formerly known as the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, from April 2016 to till date, And also earlier serving as Senior Principal Scientist at the CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore.
- NIIST- National Institute Of interdisciplinary science and technology.
Kabaddi World Cup 2025
- The West Midlands will host the 2025 Kabaddi World Cup, an initiative of the World Kabaddi Federation
- This is the first time that a kabaddi world cup will be held outside of Asia. The event is organized by England Kabaddi, Scottish Kabaddi and the British Kabaddi League, and it consists of 16 teams (men and women), including from India, Iran and Pakistan and will be held across the West Midlands during the first quarter of 2025.
Green Energy Open Access Portal
- Shri R K Singh launched the Green Energy Open Access Portal through Video Conferencing.
- The portal provides a transparent, simplified, uniform and streamlined procedure for granting open access to green energy that will be key to facilitating the deepening of electricity markets and enabling the integration of Renewable Energy (RE) resources.
- The portal can be accessed at https://greenopenaccess.in/ for processing of applications related to green energy open access by the stakeholders including open access participants, traders etc.
Economic growth slowed to 7%
- Moody’s, an international rating agency, has forecast India’s economic growth to slow to 7.7 percent by 2022.
- Current estimates show that India’s economic growth in 2022 will be slower than previously forecast due to rising interest rates, a volatile climate and a slowdown in international growth.
- The Indian rupee has depreciated by 7 per cent against the US dollar.