World Arthritis Day 2022
- World Arthritis day is observed on 12 October every year and it is a global health awareness event that helps create awareness about rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- The theme for World Arthritis day 2022 is “It’s in your hands, take action”.
- The theme aims to encourage people with arthritis, their caregivers, families, and the general public so that they don’t feel that they are alone in this situation.
Sanjeevani: Lifestyle Clinic
- An integrated facility centre named ad “Sanjivani – Lifestyle Clinic” is a counseling center for diet, exercise and behavioural habits .
- It was Inaugurated by Mrs. Archana Pandey, President, Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA) on 11 October 2022 in New Delhi.
- An automated device named “Health Kiosk” has been installed in the clinic to monitor the progress of the patients.
Nitin Gadkari launched the Ethanol-Ready Flex Fuel Vehicle
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the first of its Flexi-Fuel Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle (FFV-SHEV) pilot project in India, Toyota Corolla Altis Hybrid.
- It is a pilot project to verify the reliability of hybrid vehicles in electric-hybrid vehicles that can run on ethanol-powered flex fuel, reduce pollution and reduce dependence on petrol and diesel.
People over 80 have set a world record: largest number of jumpers
- Members of The Jumpers Over Eighty Society(JOES) eight members — Jim Culhane, Cliff Davis, Scotty Callan, Walt Green, Paul Heenan, Skye Huminski, Woody McKay and Ted Williams — have under go
- And to set the world record they set up their record in a circular shape.
- The previous world record was set by six jumpers over the age of 80.
Spectacular Bubble Nebula’s Photo released by NASA
- NASA has released a photo of the eye-catching Bubble Nebula 7,100 light-years away from Earth.
- America’s space exploration agency NASA, on April 24, 1990, the Hubble telescope, which was launched into the sky, has sent a picture of the Bubble Nebula.
- Bubble Nebula is 40 lakh years old. According to NASA, it will become a ‘supernova’ within 1 to 2 million years
EU parliament approved the adoption of the world’s first single charger rule
- European Union parliament, all new smartphones, tablets and cameras will have a single standard charger from late 2024.
- The law was adopted with a vote of 602 in favour, and 13 against.
- It mandates smartphone, laptop and camera manufacturing companies to adopt a standard charger, at least in Europe.
- Makers of laptops will have extra time, from early 2026, to also follow suit.
Union Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated Water Sports Center in HP
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated a Water Sports Center in the Koldam Barmana, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh.
- The Water Sports Centre, the very first of its kind in Himachal Pradesh, has been jointly initiated by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was also exchanged between SAI and NTPC during the event.
PM Narendra Modi addresses UN World Geospatial International Congress
Second United Nations World Geospatial International Congress via video message, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that steps taken by India over the past few years has been of empowering the “last person at the last mile’’, reflecting the theme of this year’s conference — ‘Geo-Enabling the Global Village: No one should be left behind’.
Union Minister Smriti Irani releases operations manual of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Ministry of Minority Affairs organized “Betiyan Banein Kushal”.
- It is an inter-ministerial conference on non-traditional livelihoods (NTLs) for adolescent girls on the occasion of the International Day of the Girl Child.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Smriti Zubin Irani was the chief guest on the occasion.
PM inaugurates Phase 1 of Education Complex, Modi Shaikshanik Sankul
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Phase 1 of Modi Shaikshanik Sankul, which is an educational complex for needy students in Ahmedabad.
- The project aims to provide facilities to students for holistic development.
- Prime Minister emphasized young students taking up medicine, engineering, and other such subjects as their major streams for further studies.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked parents to prepare their kids for skill development to combat difficult situations.
- During the complete education of a child he or she has to face hardships that arise.
- Skill development will empower the child to overcome these hardships.
- He highlighted that Labour has tremendous power and a large section of our ‘samaj’ belongs to the hard-working class.
- The event was felicitated by Chief Minister of Gujarat Bhupendra Patel, Members of Parliament C R Patil and Narhari Amin, Minister of Gujarat government, Jitubhai Vaghani, and President of Modh Vanik Modi Samaj Hitvardhak Trust.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Launches ‘Football for All’
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Football for All’ in the state to take the culture of football to the grassroots.
- The Programme has been initiated by FIFA in Odisha in partnership with the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) & Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
Centre Extends Ethanol subsidy scheme till March 2023
The Centre has extended the timeline for disbursement of loans up to March 31 under the ethanol blending programme interest subsidy scheme, notified first in 2018, to facilitate entrepreneurs to complete their projects while availing of government support.