World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is a global event observed every year on 12 November to spread awareness and educate people to combat Pneumonia disease, which is the world’s biggest infectious killer of adults and children.
- World Pneumonia Day theme is based on the Worldwide Pneumonia Awareness Campaign – “Pneumolight 2022”, with a theme and slogan “Pneumonia Affects Everyone”, with an aim to amplify the effect of awareness campaigns by illuminating monuments worldwide.
President of India launches various education-related projects in Bhubaneswar
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu, launched various projects of the Union Ministry of Education from Jayadev Bhawan, Bhubaneswar on November 11, 2022.
- And launched the engineering books of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in Odia language.
- It has been observed that many students face difficulty in understanding technical education in English.
- That is why under the National Education Policy 2020, the government has taken steps to provide technical education in the regional languages.
National Fisheries Development Board awarded “India Agribusiness Awards 2022”
National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad, a vibrant organization under the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India was one of the organisations to be awarded “India Agribusiness Awards 2022” for the best Agribusiness Award under Fisheries Sector.
Neeraj Chopra becomes ‘Friendship Ambassador’ of Switzerland
Switzerland Tourism has appointed Olympic Gold medalist Neeraj Chopra as the ‘Friendship Ambassador’. In his new role, the talented Indian sports superstar will showcase and promote the adventurous, sporty, and stunning outdoors of Switzerland to Indian travellers.
PV Sindhu Launches Fit India School Week Mascots Toofan & Toofani
- Double Olympic medallist, PV Sindhu has launched the mascots “Toofan and Toofani” for Fit India Movement’s Fit India School Week initiative for the year 2022.
- The 4th edition of Fit India School Week will kick off on 15 November 2022 wherein for a month various schools across India will celebrate fitness and sports in various forms for 4 to 6 days and reaffirm its importance amongst the school fraternity.
14th-century Mesolithic was excavated
- The Dindigul Historical Archeological Survey team found Villandiya Veeran Nadukall at Koviluar, Dindigul District.
- This mid-stone is 3 feet wide, 6 feet long and a three-quarter foot heavy slab-like structure, and it is said to be a late Pandyan period mid-stone of the 14th.
Eat right Station certification award
- Indian Railways’ Bhopal Railway Station has been awarded a 4- star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers.
- This certification is granted by FSSAI to railway stations adhering to standard food storage and hygiene practices.
The 3-member committee set up for the formulation of child protection guidelines-Telangana
- The Telangana government issued an order constituting a three-member committee for framing guidelines to ensure the safety and security of children in schools, including government, aided and private schools, across the state.
- The committee will be chaired by the special chief secretary (labour and employment), and will have the special secretary (women & child development) and additional DGP (women safety wing) Swati Lakra as its members.
Piyush Goyal Co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
The India-U.S. CEO Forum, chaired jointly by Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, and Textiles and Ms. Gina Raimondo, US Secretary of Commerce was held virtually.
BHIM App Open Source License Model Launched by NPCI
- Several banks in India do not have mobile banking apps and are missing out on extending the benefits of the country’s largest retail payment system, UPI to their customers.
- NCPI aims to bridge the gap by extending all the readily available features of UPI to these entities through this BHIM App licensing model.
- The BHIM App, will be the economical and quick-to-market solution for these entities.
- Under this model new features that get launched on BHIM App in the future, will also be extended to these entities for them to continue accessing the BHIM app’s new features
CM announces Odisha to be made slum-free by the end of 2023
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that the Odisha government aims to make Odisha slum-free by the end of 2023. The CM of Odisha has launched a survey using drones to facilitate a process to provide land deeds to slum-dwellers in five municipal areas across Odisha.
Fuel Costs Saved by India with Solar Power
- In India, solar generation avoided $4.2 billion in fuel costs in the first half of the year.
- India also avoided the need for 19.4 million tonnes of coal which would have further stressed an already strained domestic supply.
- China has saved over $34 billion as solar met 5 percent of the total electricity demand and avoided around $21 billion in additional coal and gas imports during the first half of 2022.
- Japan has the second highest impact with over $5.6 billion avoided in fuel costs.
- In South Korea, solar power generated 5 percent of the country’s electricity avoiding potential fossil fuel use costing $1.5 billion.