Universal Health Coverage Day
The United Nations proclaimed 12 December as International Health Coverage Day (UHC) by resolution 72/138 on 12 December 2017.
The purpose behind celebrating the day is to spread awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage with multi-stakeholder partners.
India’s First Carbon Neutral Farm Inaugurated In Kerala
The total amount of carbon emission from the farm, located at Thuruthu in Aluva, in the last year was 43 tons but its overall procurement was 213 tons. Compared to the emission rate, as many as 170 tons of more carbon have been procured at the farm, which helped it to be declared as the first carbon-neutral seed farm in the country.
US printed first banknotes with women’s signatures
- The U.S. The Treasury (United States of America’s Finance Ministry) has printed the first US banknotes (currency notes) with two women’s signatures.
- The new currency notes of $1 and $5 value carry the signature of the Secretary of Treasury (American Finance Minister) Janet Yellen and Lynn Malerba.
- The United States currency notes are popularly called Greenback.
J&K Awarded 1st Prize in Category For Ayushman Bharat Health Account ID Generation
Universal Health Coverage Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the significance of Universal health coverage which aims to ensure quality healthcare closer to the people without any financial hardships.
Hindustan Unilever Acquires D2C Brands OZiva And Wellbeing Nutrition
Hindustan Unilever’s (HUL) acquisition of two digital-first brands — OZiva and Wellbeing Nutrition — is in line with the premiumisation trend with an increasing number of FMCG players foraying into the high-growth wellness and nutrition category, which has gained prominence amongst consumers in the post-pandemic world.
Country’s Largest Business Jet Terminal Commissioned at Cochin International Airport
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the country’s first chartered gateway and a business jet terminal at the Cochin International Airport.
- Cochin airport has become the fourth airport in the country to operate a private jet terminal.
- With two majestic domestic and international travel terminals, Cochin International Airport Limited(CIAL) is now home to the country’s biggest Business Jet Terminal.
Hurun Global 500 rankings: India ranked 5th in the list of valuable companies
- Of the 20 Indian companies featured on the list this year, 11 are based in Mumbai, four in Ahmedabad and one each in Noida, New Delhi, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
- With a $202-billion valuation, Reliance Industries (RIL) topped the charts of Indian companies, while it ranked 34th in the world. It was followed by Tata Consultancy Services ($139 billion) and HDFC Bank ($97 billion).
- The list also saw the entry of four companies — Adani Transmission, Adani Green Energy, Adani Enterprises and Adani Total Gas — led by billionaire Gautam Adani, with a total valuation of $173 billion.
- The other new entrants in the list from India include ITC ($52 billion), Avenue Supermarts ($33 billion), Axis Bank ($33 billion), Bajaj Finserv ($32 billion) and Larson & Toubro ($32 billion).
- Interestingly, 50 per cent or 250 companies in the Hurun Global 500 companies have a presence in India.
Tamil Nadu Becomes First State To Launch Its Own Climate Change Mission
- Tamil Nadu is set to become the first state to launch its own Climate Change Mission.
- It launched the Green Tamil Nadu Mission last September and the Tamil Nadu Wetlands Mission this August.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle–the Tamil Nadu Green Climate Company (TNGCC)–will implement the State Climate Action Plan.