National Education Day
- National Education Day is observed annually on November 11 in India.
- The theme for National Education Day 2022 is “Changing Course, Transforming Education.”
- In India, National Education Day is celebrated every year on November 11 as it marks the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, India’s first education minister after independence.
- He was awarded Bharat Ratna posthumously, India’s highest civilian honour in 1992.
Odisha government observed 10th November as ‘Millet Day’ in the state
The state government of Odisha is observing 10th November 2022 as ‘Millet Day’ in the state. The primary aim of celebrating the day is to promote millet as a highly nutritive and eco-friendly food product.
Aruna Miller, 1st ever Indian-American to hold office in Maryland
- Indian-American woman Aruna Miller has become the first immigrant to hold the office of Lieutenant Governor in Maryland, Mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
- She stated that residents of Maryland chose Wes Moore as their Governor while she secured victory in the race to become Lieutenant Governor.
Atal New India Challenge program
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has launched Woman centric challenges under phase II of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC).
- ANIC is an initiative by AIM, NITI Aayog targeted to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance, through a grant-based mechanism of up to INR 1 crore.
Indian Army launches ‘Veerangana Sewa Kendra’
- “Veerangana Sewa Kendra” will be available as a service to the Indian Army Veterans Portal.
- The systems cater to registering grievances with tracking, monitoring, and regular feedback to the applicant.
- Veer Naris will have multiple means for approaching the VSK through telephone, SMS, WhatsApp, Post, E-mail, and walk-ins to seek assistance.
- Stakeholders can monitor the status of grievances through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- The applicant will receive status updates through SMS and email.
- The project leverages digital technology in the seamless coupling of various stakeholders.
UMEED Scheme Transforming the Future of Rural Women of J&K
- UMEED helps hundreds of women in Jammu and Kashmir to come out of poverty and become successful entrepreneurs.
- UMEED is immensely helping women entrepreneurs to exhibit and market their products.
- Jammu Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is turning the wheel of transformation for J&K women to become progressive and self-employed entrepreneurs.
- The UMEED program under the JKRLM is a centrally sponsored scheme to encourage women to be self-dependent and self-sufficient.
Indian Army Organises Mela to celebrate Diamond Jubilee
- The Mela aims to familiarize the public with the Indian Army and to encourage a sense of belongingness and togetherness.
- The Mela conducted at Walong encompassed a variety of scintillating sports and games events.
- The profuse response of the residents during the Mela is a tribute to the sacrifices made by Bravehearts to ensure peace in the region and its territorial integrity during the war with China.
- The Mela also highlighted the commendable contribution of the public to the security forces in maintaining peace and harmony in the region.
PM Modi flagged off the first ‘Vande Bharat’ train in South India
- In the South, India’s 5th Vande Bharat Express Train is the first semi-high-speed train.
- The Vande Bharat Express Train is unique in terms of speed and other modern technological facilities, which will help reduce travel time giving a new experience to passengers.
- Vande Bharat Express Train is touted to be an advanced version of trains developed indigenously by the Indian Railways.
- PM Modi will also unveil the 108-feer bronze statue of the city’s founder, Nadaprabhu Kempegowda, the ‘Statue of Prosperity’.
Reliance Jio True-5G services launched in Bengaluru and Hyderabad
- Reliance Jio has rolled out the advanced True-5G services in a phase-wise manner to ensure better customer reach.
- Jio True-5G is already being experienced by lakhs of users across six cities, the response to which is extremely positive and reassuring.
- Jio users are experiencing speeds anywhere between 500 Mbps to 1 Gbps on their smartphones.
NCPCR Holds Workshop On ‘Child Rights: Contemporary Challenges in Telangana’
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights which is mandated to spread child rights literacy held a one-day Orientation cum Sensitization programme on ‘Child Rights: Contemporary Challenges in Telangana’ in Hyderabad.
- NCPCR is a statutory body set up in March 2007 under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
- It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development.