World Radiography Day 2022
- The theme of International Day of Radiology 2022 is “Radiographers at the Forefront of Patient Safety.”
- November 8, World Radiography Day is observed to honour the discovery of X-radiation, also known as X-rays.
- This day in 1895 saw the completion of German scientist Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen’s discovery of X-radiation, or X-rays.
- For this accomplishment, he was awarded the first Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901.
10 percent reservation for EWS case – Supreme Court Judgement
- On November 7, 2022, the Supreme Court ruled that 10 per cent of reservations would go to economically weaker sections.
- On January 8, 2019, the Law Ministry announced that the Lok Sabha approved the amendment bill created in Section 103 of the Constitution of the Parliament. Then, on January 12, 2019, President Ram Nath Govind approved it.
- After this Supreme Court case challenging the new law in February. After several hearings, on November 7, 2022, the 10 per cent reservation for economically weaker sections was passed with a 3-2 majority.
Russia Becomes India’s Top Oil Supplier
Surpassing traditional suppliers Saudi Arabia and Iraq, Russia has emerged as the top oil supplier to India in October. This comes amid an ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine that has also seen many Western nations issue sanctions against Russian Federation.
Urban Mobility India Conference Underway in Kochi
- The meet is focus on the theme, ‘Azadi @ 75 — Sustainable Aatmanirbhar Urban Mobility‘.
- In Kerala, the 15th edition of the Urban Mobility India Conference & Expo opens in Kochi on 4th of November.
GoI appointed non-executive Chairman in four Public Sector Banks
- Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India and Punjab & Sind Bank are the four banks where Non-executive Chairman has been appointed on their Boards.
- The approval is given by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Vijay Srirangam has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Canara Bank for three years,
- K G Ananthakrishnan has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Punjab National Bank for a term of three years.
- Srinivasan Varadarajan has been appointed as part-time Non-Official Director as well as Non-Executive Chairman of Union Bank of India for a term of three years, according to an order issued by the Department of Personnel & Training.
Nagaland organized Tokhu Emong Bird Count
- ‘Tokhü Emong Bird Count’ is being organized in collaboration with the Wokha Forest Division and the Divisional Management Unit, Nagaland Forest Management Project (NFMP), Wokha, and Bird Count India.
- A public birding event will be conducted and the comprehensive details of birds would be deliberated to generate awareness among the students on bird conservation.
- A birdwalk through woodland is also feasible during the event.
- This will prove as a great opportunity to get kids connected to birds and nature.
Birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attended and offered prayers at celebrations of the 553rd Prakash Parv of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji in New Delhi. The Prime Minister was felicitated with Shawl, Siropa, and Sword. Addressing the gathering the Prime Minister greeted everyone on the auspicious occasion of Gurpurab and Prakash Parv and also for Dev Deepawali.
Ancient Mahavira sculptures discovered
- A thousand-year-old two sculptures of Mahavira, a Jain tirthankara, have been found in Killukkudi village near Manamadurai, Sivagangai district, one was carved in relief on a two-and-a-half-feet-high and two-feet-wide slab of stone.
- Another sculpture is seen with the head part defaced and the parts above it completely defaced, the sculptures belong to the ninth century.
China plans to send monkeys into space
- China is now setting up a new space research center in space and is planning to send monkeys to the space center to conduct research on growth and physiological variation in space.
- Zhang Lu, a Chinese researcher, said that by doing preliminary research with animals, we can know the claims that humans need to live in space.
A bigger size black hole was found near the Earth
- A black hole with a mass 10 times that of the Sun has been discovered by the European Space Agency’s Gaia spacecraft.
- It is located at a distance of 1,600 light years. (A light-year is 9.5 trillion kilometers.) The discovery was made by scientists using the Gemini North telescope.
Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman award
- Every year the Uttarakhand government honors individuals with the Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman in order to recognize their accomplishments in their various disciplines.
- And this award would be given to National Security Advisor (NSA), Ajit Doval, poet Prasoon Joshi, and three other individuals for their notable achievements and this ceremony will be held on 9th Nov, 2022.