National Bird Day
The world is filled with a plethora of different species of birds. From cardinals to doves, from parakeets to parrots. Different people have different relationships with the various species of birds. As such, one could easily imagine that there could actually be numerous National Bird Days in the world, serving different purposes and perhaps varying by region.
Government-approved National Green Hydrogen Mission
- The Union Government has approved the National Green Hydrogen Mission with an initial outlay of 19,744 crore rupees.
- The Mission aims to make India a Global Hub for the production, utilization, and export of Green Hydrogen.
- This Mission will play an important role in dealing with climate change. India will be the global hub of Green Hydrogen.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of the National Hydrogen Mission during his Independence Day speech on the 15th of August 2021.
2nd Phase of the Sari Festival “VIRAASAT” begins in New Delhi
- The second phase of the Sari Festival “VIRAASAT” is celebrating 75 handwoven Saris of India in New Delhi.
- This phase is being organized by the Ministry of Textiles from 3rd to 17th January 2023 at Handloom Haat, Janpath, New Delhi.
UP government signed MoU with UAE-based companies worth Rs 18,590 crore
- Uttar Pradesh government has signed an MoU with six UAE-based companies worth Rs 18,590 crore ahead of the Global Investors Summit to be held in Lucknow in February 2023.
- This agreement will help in the creation of over 20,000 new employment opportunities.
- The two companies, Astha Green Energy Venture and Shree Siddharth Infratech and Services will invest in renewable energy worth Rs 4480 and Rs 8000 crore respectively to create 2560 and 4800 new jobs.
Gaan Ngai festival celebrated in Manipur
- The Gaan Ngai festival of the Zeliangrong community has celebrated in
- The Gaan Ngai festival is one of Manipur’s major festivals, which is celebrated every year after harvesting.
- This festival also marks the end of the year when the farmers have stored their food grain in their ganeries.
The government formed Committee to protect Ladakh culture, language & Employment
- The government of India has constituted 17 member High Powered Committee (HPC) under the Chairmanship of Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai.
- Objective – To ensure the protection of land and employment for the people of Ladakh.
- The committee includes Ladakh LG, RK Mathur; MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal; Chairmans of Leh and Kargil Hill councils, representatives of Apex Body Leh, Kargil Democratic Alliance, and nominee officials of the Home ministry.
Madhya Pradesh govt launched Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights Scheme
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights scheme (Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu Adhikar Yojana) in a programme organized at the Bajaj Mata temple complex in Tikamgarh district.
- The objective of this scheme is to provide free plots to the poor living in rural areas for building their houses.
- Under the scheme, plots worth about 129 crore rupees were distributed to 10 thousand 918 families in the Tikamgarh district.
PM Modi presides over the annual general meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library society
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired the Annual General Meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society in New Delhi.
- He underlined the need to widen the scope of research on modern Indian history by involving individuals and institutions to create awareness about the country’s past.
HDFC Bank partnered with Microsoft for digital transformation
- The private sector lender HDFC Bank has partnered with Microsoft in the next phase of its digital transformation.
- Objective – To unlock business value by transforming the application portfolio, modernizing the data landscape, and securing the enterprise with Microsoft Cloud.
- The bank, as a part of its ‘future ready’ strategy, is developing in-house intellectual properties (IP) as well as partnering with several companies, including fintech, to co-create technology IPs.
Niva Bupa and Sundaram Finance signed a corporate agency agreement
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited (formerly known as Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited) has signed a corporate agency agreement with Sundaram Finance Limited
- Objective – To offer Niva Bupa’s select range of indemnity plans to its growing range of existing and past customers.
Bandhan Bank launched the ‘Jahaan Bandhan, Wahaan Trust’ campaign
- Bandhan Bank has launched its ‘Jahaan Bandhan, Wahaan Trust’ campaign featuring cricketer Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador.
- This is the first time that Bandhan Bank has appointed a pan-India brand ambassador.
- The campaign was conceptualized by Leo Burnett Orchard, which was brought in as the bank’s creative agency in August 2022.
Odisha won World Habitat Award 2023
- Odisha has won the UN-Habitat’s World Habitat Awards 2023 for Jaga Mission, a 5T initiative of the state.
- The Jaga mission is the land titling and slum upgrading program that aims at empowering the lives of slum dwellers.
- The Government of Odisha has set itself the ambitious target of becoming the first slum-free state in India and is leading the Jaga Mission programme to upgrade all of the state’s 2,919 slums.