World Tsunami Awareness Day
In December 2015, the UN General Assembly designated November 5 as World Tsunami Awareness Day, calling on countries, international bodies and civil society to raise tsunami awareness and share innovative approaches to risk reduction. The theme of World Tsunami Awareness Day 2022 in Asia-Pacific: Early Warning and Early Action Before Every Tsunami.
Haryana CM Launched ‘CM dashboard’ for Live Monitoring of Departments
- ‘CM Dashboard’ portal, departments will link their day-to-day activities for effective monitoring.
- Through the ‘CM Dashboard’ portal timelines and deadlines of a particular task being met can be known.
- The portal will also provide information about which department had set what target for a particular task, whether that was achieved or if anyone defaulted, and for what reason.
- The ‘CM Dashboard’ portal will be beneficial in taking the state government’s ambition of good governance ahead.
- CM Manohar Lal Khattar launched a dedicated e-Upphar portal to auction gifts received by him.
- The bade bid amount would be fixed and payment would be directly transferred to the Chief Minister Relief fund.
India With Cheapest Manufacturing Costs
- India has been ranked as the nation with the cheapest manufacturing cost ahead of China and Vietnam, according to a report.
- According to the US News and World Report, out of 85 nations, India has bagged the 31st position in the overall Best Countries ranking.
Switzerland created a record for operating the longest passenger train
- Switzerland is now home to the world’s longest passenger train.
- The train has 100 coaches, measures 1910 metres and consists of 4,550 seats.
- The train was seen passing through the mountainous landscape in the Swiss Alps.
- Celebrating the 175th anniversary of Switzerland’s first railway, the country’s railway operators came together to create the new Guinness World Record-holding train which tows 100 carriages, weighs 2,990 tons, and measures 1.91 km (1.19 miles) long.
Uttarakhand CM launches Lakhpati Didi Yojana
- The CM launched the ‘Lakhpati Didi Yojana’ to make 1.25 lakh women from self-help groups ‘Lakhpati’ by 2025.
- In the year 2025, the state will complete 25 years of the formation, and coincidentally the project will be also completed by 2025.
- 1.25 lakh of the 3.67 lakh women belonging to self-help groups will become ‘Lakhpati’ under the targeted livelihood initiative.
- Under the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ scheme women belonging to self-help groups (SHGs) will be encouraged to take up micro-enterprises with skill development.
- The government will tie up e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, and Government e-Marketplace so that the SHG products get national and international markets.
Dharmendra Pradhan Inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament’
- The government aims to attract the younger generation that is stuck on the internet and TV to the playing field.
- The government of India in association with the FIFA and All India Football Federation has started the ‘Football for School’ initiative.
- The Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan revealed that the program has been targeted to rope in about two crore fifty lakh school students towards football.
- Ten lakh footballs will be distributed among the government and private schools in all the districts of the country through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Operation Vigilant Storm currently underway in South Korea
- The U.S. Air Force and several of its allies in the Asia-Pacific area will improve combat readiness and interoperability through Operation Vigilant Storm, a four-day training exercise involving hundreds of aircraft.
- The Operation Vigilant Storm exercise, which is scheduled to take place between October 31 and November 4, has already drawn criticism from North Korea’s Foreign Ministry.
“Niveshak Didi” programme launched in order to promote financial literacy
- Niveshak Didi, in order to promote financial literacy “By the women, for the women,” India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) organised India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp in Srinagar, J&K.
- The Niveshak Didi Initiative is founded on the principle of “women for women,” as rural women are better at ease discussing their concerns with another woman.
Adani New Industries installed India’s largest wind turbine
- Mundra Windtech Ltd (MWL), an Adani Enterprises Ltd. wholly-owned company, installed the turbine.
- This prototype is also Adani New Industries Ltd.’s (ANIL) first addition to its portfolio and has paved the way for the installation of even larger wind turbine generators, according to the company.
- A record-breaking 19 days were needed to finish the proto assembly. It has been set up and tested, and will soon apply for a type certification.
Grama Vandi, from KSRTC, receives accolades on a national level
- The KSRTC’s “Grama Vandi,” which was introduced in collaboration with State-level local self-government organisations, also took home the Award of Excellence in Urban Transport.
- The Kerala Road Transport Corporation’s (KSRTC) city circular service took home the national “Commentation Award in Urban Transport” for “City with the Best Public Transport System.”