All Souls Day
- All Saints Day honours and prays for the souls who have passed on.
- All Souls Day is on November 2
- Christianity also believes in commemorating the faithful souls and praying for those who haven’t yet reached heaven but are still in Purgatory.
National Tribal Dance Festival begins in Raipur
- Chhattisgarh celebrates its 23rd State Foundation Day on 1st November 2022 and as a part of the celebrations, Raipur will host the 3rd National Tribal Dance Festival.
- The National Tribal Dance Festival will be celebrated from 1st November 2022 to 3rd November 2022.
- In the National Tribal Dance Festival. tribal dance groups from all states and union territories of India will be taking part.
- The highlights of the National Tribal Dance Festival will be the other countries including Mongolia, Tongo, Russia, Indonesia, Maldives, and Mozambique participating in the event.
- About 1500 tribal artists will take part in the event of which 1400 will be from India and 100 will be from other countries.
- The festival will have several competitions in two categories and prizes worth ₹20 lakh will be given to the winners.
- The award includes cash prizes of ₹5 lakh, ₹3 lakh, and ₹2 lakh to the first, second, and third winners respectively.
Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal
- 63 police officers from Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir have been awarded the ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’ for the year 2022.
- The award was given by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for four special operations conducted by them in areas of terrorism, border actions, arms control, prevention of narcotics smuggling, and rescue operations.
- The officers belonged to Telangana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Delhi, and the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The medals were awarded at the ‘Run For Unity’ event to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
SpaceX Launches First Falcon Heavy Mission, After 3 Years
SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, the world’s most powerful active rocket, lifted off for the first time in more than three years, from Florida’s Cape Canaveral, with Elon Musk’s company sending a group of satellites into orbit for the U.S. Space Force.
Arunachal Pradesh to get Northeast’s first fish museum
- A fish museum, the first of its kind in the Northeast, would soon be built in Arunachal Pradesh, Fisheries Minister Tage Taki.
- The museum in the NorthEast region (NER), with all fish species across the district from Tawang to Longding, attracts tourists, fish lovers and the museum will also serve as a training centre for fish farmers.
- The fish museum would be a part of India’s first Integrated Aqua Park (IAP), sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying (MoFAHD).
Gujarat Implement Uniform Civil Code(UCC)
Gujarat headed to Assembly elections and awaiting the release of the poll schedule, state Home Minister Harsh Sanghavi announced that the cabinet had decided to form a committee for the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) in the state.
Bangladesh PM confers ‘Friends of Liberation War’
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina conferred the prestigious ‘Friends of Liberation War’ honour on former US Senator Edward M Kennedy posthumously in Dhaka for his contribution to the liberation of Bangladesh. The honour was handed over to his son Edward M Ted Kennedy Junior.
Google Buys Twitter-Backed AI Avatar Startup Alter for $100 mn
- Tech giant Google has acquired Alter, an artificial intelligence (AI) avatar startup that was working on using AI to generate avatars for social media users and brands to express their virtual identity.
- According to TechCrunch, Google buys the startup for about $100 million in an effort to improve its content game and compete with TikTok.
BSE Technologies launched of KYC Registration Agency
- BSE Technologies announced the launch of the KYC Registration Agency KRA, which maintains KYC records of investors in an electronic form.
- BSE Technologies is a subsidiary of BSE.
- KRA is a Sebi-regulated intermediary that grants the marker participants authorization for investors’ Know Your Client.
- KYC KRA has become a key segment for securities market investors and acts as a starting point for any investor’s journey in the security market.
- BSE group has played a pioneering role in transforming the Indian capital market.
- Sebi issued fresh guidelines for KRA in April, whereby such agencies will have to independently validate the KYC records of all clients from 1st July.
Government-approved Electronics Manufacturing Cluster at Ranjangaon
- Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar informed that the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters have been approved to make Maharashtra into an electronics hub.
- The government will invest upto ₹500 crore in this project.
- The Electronics Manufacturing Clusters project has joined Tamil Nadu, Noida, and Karnataka in making an aggressive pitch to emerge as a powerful electronic hub.
- The government to contribute ₹207.98 crores in the development of the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters in Ranjangaon.
Tata Steel achieve Responsible Steel certification
- Tata Steel has received ResponsibleSteel certification for three of its production facilities in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
- The steel works, tubes division and cold rolling mill (Bara) have joined the group of other steel-producing sites around the world with the certification.
- This is a historic moment for Tata Steel and an important step in our sustainability journey.