Connect2 is a FREE app that enables your PC and your phone to work together as one. This is the other free app from Lenovo, the smartphone giant. All the Lenovo device users are forced to upgrade to Connect2 a few weeks back. Connect 2 is not the Latest version of Shareit. It is a different software, built to work exactly like Shareit. With Connect2 you simply unite your phone and PC wirelessly by ‘pairing’ them once, and in the future they will automatically connect when in range. It is faster, easier and more secure than using cloud storage and there are no data charges. You don’t need to worry about the data loss anymore. The latest version of Connect2 can sync the data between your PC and your Smartphone automatically. It can also send and receive messages from the PC (Coming Soon).
- Windows (x64 & X86, Windows 7 and above)
- Android (Version 4.4 and above)
- IOS (In future)
Features of Connect2
- Connect2 wirelessly connects your devices without internet
- Automatically connects your phone and your PC whenever they’re in range.
- Moves photos, videos and documents between your Phone and PC, or between two PCs, with one interface.
- Connect2 works across Android and Windows devices! (Other Operating Systems will be supported in the future).
- Free up space on your phone.
- The Sync option allows you to sync the data between your PC and your Smartphone.
- Ensure your document and media files are backed up and your phone never runs out of space by moving files between your phone and PC.
- No need to copy all your files to a USB! Move files quickly!
- Transfer huge files easily and quickly.
- Send and receive messages without touching your smartphone (Coming Soon)
Getting Started with Connect2
To use Connect2, both the phone and the PC should be Wi-Fi enabled. Both the devices should be on the same network (To the same Wi-Fi network or connect your phone to the network created by the Connect2 App in PC by default). Connect2 should run on both the devices. If connect2 is not installed, download and install it on both the devices by using the following links.
- Windows users can click this link to Download
- Android users can click this link to Download
- MAC users can Click this link to Download (Future Update)
- IOS users can Click this link to Download(Future Update)
Open Connect2 app on your PC. Now open the Connect2 app on your phone and click “Scan the PC QR code“. Now scan the QR code shown by the Connect2 App in PC. Once the QR code is scanned you will see a Green tick mark and Connected status in your phone. Now both the devices are paired and ready for syncing and file sharing. See the following screenshots for details.
Working with Connect2
Connect2 supports File transfer (Phone to PC, PC to Phone, PC to PC), Auto sync and Send/Receive SMS (Coming Soon). Let us see them in detail.
To use auto sync, pair your phone and your PC. Click or tap the Auto sync option accessible from the home screen of the Connect2 PC app. Now select the folders you want to sync from your phone. Choose whether to copy or move the files (Caution: Moving the files will remove the files from your phone). Save the Settings and click Sync Now. Check the following screenshots for details.
To choose where to save the files, click the settings in Connect2 PC app. Set the directory of your choice as shown below.
File Transfer (Transfer Files from PC to Phone)
To transfer files from your PC to your Phone, Select “File Transfer” option from the home screen of the Lenovo Connect2 PC app. Select “Transfer files to your Phone” option in the Screen that appears. Make sure that your Phone and the PC are paired. In the screen that appears just drag and drop the files you want to copy to your phone or click the browse button and select the files manually. Check the screenshots provided below for details.
File Transfer (Transfer Files from Phone to PC)
To transfer files from your Phone to your PC, Select “File Transfer” option from the home screen of the Lenovo Connect2 PC app. Select “Get files from your Phone” option in the Screen that appears. Make sure that your Phone and the PC are paired. In the screen that appears, select all the files you want to copy to your PC and click the Copy button. Check the screenshots provided below for details.
File Transfer (Transfer Files between 2 PCs)
Transferring files between two Computers is explained in a separate post. Check this link to learn more about transferring files between two computers.
This feature will be added to the app in the future update. This post will be updated accordingly.
Other People are Reading
- Recover deleted data in Android Phones
- Run Multiple accounts of the same App in Android
- How to transfer files between two PCs using Connect2
- How to use Smart Phone Flash Tool
You have now learned to use the Connect2 App to sync and transfer files between your phone and your PC. Leave your valuable feedback, comments and suggestions in the comment box provided below. If you have enjoyed reading this article, share this with your friends and family.